Comparison of Two North American Health Care Systems; How PAs Integrate into each System. What are we Missing? Doris Hansen, MS, PA-C
November 13, 2022 from 8:00am EDT to 8:50am EDT
Differences of North American health insurances; a universally funded health care system in comparison to USA privatized markets and pluralism (pros and cons) and how PAs integrate differently.
The purpose of this lecture is to compare the health care system of two highly advanced industrialized countries, Canada and United states. We will focus on the description of health care systems and analyze/ evaluate longevity of life, quality of life and what are the pros and cons of each system. We also we will compare how and why PAs are integrated into each system and the differences. We will take a look at proposed future reforms and current controversial topics of each. References:
1) Comparisons of Health Care Systems in the USA, Germany and Canada. Ridic G, et al Pubmed NIH. 2012.
At the conclusion of this session, the participant will be able to:
- Explain how each health system works and its history
- Analyze and evaluate the two systems and their affects
- Compare the two systems equity and efficiency
- Provide a statistical comparison in longevity of life and quality of life
- Demonstrate how the integration of PAs into each system and if proven to be affective
- Recommend proposed future reforms of controversial topics.